Sunday, September 27, 2009

Eagle Update

Well, thanks to some tutorials and discussion with my buddies, (who actually layout circuit boards) I think I am ready to send this thing off to have my digital files turned into an actual printed circuit board... Highlights of lessons learned so far:

  • Even though you send the power supply signals to all the IC chips, you need to send them to a pad that you can use to connect the incoming power.
  • You have to draw a polygon, not a rectangle to fill in for a ground plane. Then to connect, assign the signal name that you have assigned to Ground to the polygon. 
  • Make sure you are on the right layer when doing things.
  • "Save the project as" using sequential file numbers so you can come back to versions and experiment more.
All in all, I am learning something new! And, that is what life is all about...

Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment